How often should I be maintaining my Jacuzzi® Hot Tub?
Your amazing new Jacuzzi® Hot Tub has now been installed and you can start enjoying the benefits of hydrotherapy in your own garden! To keep your hot tub clean and safe to use, it’s important to keep on top of the few maintenance tasks which will make sure your hot tub stays in tip top condition. Below is an outline of the maintenance routine, and how often you can expect to do them to make sure your hot tub & water quality are always at their best.
Please note: these recommendations may change slightly depending on how often the hot tub is used and how many people are using the hot tub.
- Test water to ensure it is balanced. Test strips are the best way to do this. Bromine test strips can be used if you are using bromine to sanitise your water, alternatively Chlorine test strips are also available.
- Check sanitiser levels on test strip and add sanitiser as required. Our range of Bromine & Chlorine sanitisers can be found here.
- Check PH levels on test strip and add pH+ or pH- as needed.
- Check Alkalinity on test strip and add Total Alkalinity Plus as needed.
- Use Jacuzzi® Surface Cleaner to clean any watermark and build up from the waterline.
- Use either Blended Chlorine Shock or Non Chlorine Shock, depending on your sanitiser, to quickly kill bacteria and freshen up the water.
- Jacuzzi@ Spa Clear can be added directly into the water to increase clarity.
- If you are in an area with hard water, you may want to add Jacuzzi® No Scale to help prevent limescale build up.
- Any foam that appears on the surface of your hot tub water can be dealt with quickly using Jacuzzi® No Foam.
- Use Jacuzzi® Instant Filter Cleaner to keep your filters in good condition. Remove the filters from your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub, spray with Jacuzzi® Instant Filter Cleaner to remove any build up and let it soak for 15 minutes. Simply rinse with fresh water and replace!
- We advise you fully clean filters on a monthly basis. Mix Jacuzzi® Filter Powder with water into a large bucket and leave your filters to soak overnight. Always allow the filter to air dry fully before replacing. We recommend having a second set of filters so you can still enjoy your hot tub whilst your filters are cleaning!
Every 3 months:
- We recommend draining and refilling your hot tub every 3 months. This removes all the old water and all the chemicals that have been dissolved into it, so you can start fresh! This may change slightly depending on how often the hot tub is used and how many people are using the hot tub.
- Before you drain your hot tub, pour Jacuzzi® Pipe Cleaner directly in to the water and turn on the jets for at least 4 -5 cycles to remove any soap and build up from the pipework. Drain your hot tub as normal, rinse and refill!
- Jacuzzi® Cover Cleaner is perfect for caring for your hot tub cover. It cleans and conditions your cover, whilst protecting it from UV rays, moisture and potential chemical degradation.
- You will need to replace your ClearRay® bulb once per year. This can be done yourself, alternatively, this will be replaced in your annual service. Click here to see our servicing options, designed to make the ownership of your hot tub a breeze!